If you quit your job to become rich, how would you try to do it?

Forum: Classic Threads From The Past - Visit here for a great "blast from the past" and view some terrific, informative and interesting "Classic Threads" posted by thousands of savvy sportsbettors over the years here at The Rx.com.....

Thread: If you quit your job to become rich, how would you try to do it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 If you quit your job to become rich, how would you try to do it? 
    Alot of people stay with their job for security reasons, never to take a gamble in life. If you had excellent credit and could get your hands on say 250k or so what would you do? What dream wuld you chase to become rich?

Would it involve gambling or owning a business (which is a gamble) or would you choose to go back to school and to try in be rich in happiness like being a teacher, coach where money wasn't what drove you.

this is one of your easier Question you always come up with icey

I would buy a lotto ticket and pray

I'm young.

I'd put the 250K into a duplex. Live in half of it and use the other half of the duplex to pay off the loan. 10-15 years later, I will own a duplex worht more than 250K, loan will be paid off, and I haven't paid rent for a long time.

Booyah!

Quote Originally Posted by jakethompson
    I'm young.

I'd put the 250K into a duplex. Live in half of it and use the other half of the duplex to pay off the loan. 10-15 years later, I will own a duplex worht more than 250K, loan will be paid off, and I haven't paid rent for a long time.

Booyah!
    yeah but I mean how are you going to pay your bills now.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit Romanowski's Avatar
    invest in http://www.agbrazil.com/prof_dryland_frontier_farm.htm

Brazil the world's future bread basket

I live in Peoria, Illinois, and there is a large population of die-hard Cubs fans here, including myself. I would open a Cubs-themed sports bar and restaurant. Wrigley Field style ivy on the walls, contests and promos for Cubs tickets, Chicago-style eats, etc. Bartenders in throwback Cubs jerseys...maybe even a trough-style urinal in the men's room.

Or a fantasy-sports themed bar. Tickers or boards with updated stats on top fantasy players, wi-fi internet access, every sport's "season ticket" with lots and lots of TV's, and free fantasy leagues run by the bar for prizes. Would be set up to accomodate live drafts.

I am sorry for using the "R" word - and NOTHING ELSE! winkyduck's Avatar
    I live in a Multi-Million Dollar Mansion thanks to all the money I made by fading Brandon Lang
    i'd spend $225k on: Wine. Women and Song

and i'd waste the other $25k

RX SemiGod
    Ice, what would you do, if you had 150k in cash and no job,,,,,, and had to make 3k per month with it --- to pay the monthly bills....... thats 2% per month but it needs to be pretty much guaranteed....

That is plenty to get into multi-family properties in the midwest. After you take on a few properties you can remortgage almost endlessly and add more cash to invest further. You could literally get the 250k back into your pocket within a few years and have at least a million dollars in properties, but of course with full mortgages. In time though you could repeat the process a few times and have multi millions in property holdings and still have some cash in your pocket and cashflow hitting your bank account. Only thing is you wouldn't exactly be retired as you would be working your butt off managing and finding the properties.

take 100 grand and bet it on 29 black. 3.5 million

Is there a way you can find out which posters have started the most threads?

I bet ICEMAN WOULD BE RIGHT AT THE TOP.

RX Senior
    I am thinking about just such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOPTALK

Without a doubt. Making a run at the next open mod position? hahaha

Him and Journeyman or Fishhead for the thread-starting title.

doc_mercer not elligible because 95% of his threads aren't posted in the sports/offshore forum. Otherwise, he blows these guys out of the water.

I'd put the 250k on the world ending tomorrow. Win or lose....it would be the end of the world for me....lol

pimp hos

I've started to notice how everyone else replies to the thread I'm reading then BAM outta nowhere your dumbass shows up! The only person in the crowd to have something negative to say. You really are attention starved. Hope you don't go to the bash. Don't tell who you are.

Online Gigolo Service for wealthy women between 20-45 , call tool free for a quote. 24/7 service

Quote Originally Posted by AngleBroom
    I've started to notice how everyone else replies to the thread I'm reading then BAM outta nowhere your dumbass shows up! The only person in the crowd to have something negative to say. You really are attention starved. Hope you don't go to the bash. Don't tell who you are.
    Dude you really know how to read things the wrong way dont you. Me and ICEMAN get along great. He is one of my favorite posters on this forum and he knows that.
    Im sure once he reads my post he will laugh and take it like the joke it was meant to be. Thats the 2nd time you twist my post to try to make me look bad.

Iceman

Where on earth do you come up with ALL these questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Insiders
    Iceman

Where on earth do you come up with ALL these questions?
    ANGEL BROOM is about to bust your ass for asking that. Hes God around here. He tells you what you can and cant post. Hes the judge of decentcy around here. You better be carefull!!!!!!!

ANGEL BROOM is about to bust your ass for asking that. Hes God around here. He tells you what you can and cant post. Hes the judge of decentcy around here. You better be carefull!!!!!!!

Well when i was 28 i had to ask LOTS of questions too!
    Have been Very careful all of my life, never thought i would live this long anyway. obtw i have not had a job sinse 1983.

obtw Ice that baseball got tuff, did it not?

Quote Originally Posted by WVU
    take 100 grand and bet it on 29 black. 3.5 million

My favorite number. Once caught a repeater of this number at the Las Vegas Hilton, the second one was for the limit.

relax everyone. I know chop and he was just messing with me, he is a good guy. He wasn't trying to be harsh.

I have a real ambition to succeed in life and gambling and I love to hear other peoples ideas on how they did it or would do it. I got lucky in life about 5 years ago and fell into a 6 figure job and now beleieve if you bust your ass at something you love to do (passion) than you can be successful, if your plan is well thought out. I love motivational books and success stories they are uplifting.

Insiders, I think alot all day and when something good comes to mind I post it. Nothing better than being away from the computer after posting a interesting question than coming back to see what the responses are. Kinda of like reading a good newspaper when you get home.

Rob gas stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Insiders
    My favorite number. Once caught a repeater of this number at the Las Vegas Hilton, the second one was for the limit.

I once sat all day boxing this number and it didnt hit. Must have been 200 spins