Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: what country will NOT extradite you back to the USA?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tie for me between the Phils and Maldives, lean towards Maldives.

One thing though, you better be loaded if you wish to live nicely in the Maldives..unless you want to live with the locals in shitty housing in the capital (Male is the capital).

I would go with Vietnam - beaches, babes, and pho

pho?

"It still comes down to evaluating information."-BW quantumleap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie_cr View Post
    how are you going to get out of the US with a million in CASH.......
    Drive 15 miles south of downtown San Diego on I-5. That's it.

Open a bank account in Tijuana and transfer money from there.

While Mexico does have an extradition treaty with the US they usually only extradite people who are wanted for murder. You could fly to anywhere in the world using Tijuana International Airport as a departure point.

5. #30 XXXylic 
    Wolfie is right, trying to travel with a million in cash across international borders is not easy. Leaving the US amounts to packing the bills in a way that they will not be recognized for what they are by the xray and metal detectors.

Entering your destination country calls for a dry run to see how strict their customs are. For example some countries barely check your bags if you have an American passport while others are liable to shake you down real well.

I know all this is hypothetical but the actual cash is a real problem that needs to be dealt with. Believe it or not I often ponder about how I would go about this very thing, carrying a large sum through customs. Not that I will ever have that problem.

Quantumleap's suggestion is a good one. You really have to be wanted for a serious crime to get extradited to begin with.

wil.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXylic View Post
    pho?
    Phở (pronounced [fɤ̂] listen in Vietnamese; in English, written pho and typically pronounced /ˈfʌ/[1]) is a traditional Vietnamese thinly sliced meat and rice-noodle soup dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Wapner View Post
    I'd opt for Vietnam first, Morocco second.
    Got a score to settle with Charlie?

I have carried amounts of 40k, 50k, and 100k from costa rica to the states......in cash.

they dont care. nobody really cares. you fill out a little form that says what its for........golf/poker.....and carry on with your day.

i dont know what would happen with a million though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonebook View Post

they dont care. nobody really cares. you fill out a little form that says what its for........golf/poker.....and carry on with your day.

they dont care BECAUSE you fill the little form, try doing it without filling the form

In the UK I left with about 5k pounds (almost but not quite 10k) they of course asked how much I had

Quote Originally Posted by quantumleap View Post
    Drive 15 miles south of downtown San Diego on I-5. That's it.

Open a bank account in Tijuana and transfer money from there.
    assuming they dont find the cash (there are dogs trained to detect money) by either the US or the Mexican authorities.........

I can just look at the face of the teller

"hello sir, your brand new account is opened......."

"is that one million in cash? , you are going to deposit it , you opened the account 1 sec ago and you are not even a resident?, hold on one sec, please don't go anywhere........."

"sir, please come with us"

with the drug situation that there is in THAT particular border, well ....a blip in the radar would not describe this situation

I don't know about Mexico but we get people extradited out of here REGULARLY for dealing with online pharmacies, wire fraud and you got it......money laundering (which is exactly what you are doing if you are trying to smuggle cash without filling the proper forms) and lately child abduction

11. #36 Common sense and patience is called for. 
    Actually unless you are going to try to earn interest off the cash you only need to open an account at a foreign bank (if you can get the money across the border) and fund the account with say around $8500 and also open a safety deposit box (check the various banks beforheand to see if they offer that service) to store safely the rest of the cash.

Get a debit card from the bank and use it to live - restocking the account with amounts of around $5,000 to $8,000 taken from the safety deposit box when your balance runs low. Bank as much as possible online if that service is available, the less you are seen in the bank the better. You can pay a lot of bills online and extract cash using ATMs when needed plus use the card in supermarkets, restaurants, clothing stores, for gasoline etc.

Depending upon your age and lifestyle you will have to budget the money accordingly as even a million won't last forever. Try to live on say $5,000 US per month which if you have a million to begin with will keep you comfortable for around 15 or 16 years if you are frugal. So obviously anyone in this position is going to have to try to supplement the cash with some legitimately earned money to stretch it for as long as possible.

Live high on the hog and spend resklessly by buying fancy cars and big homes, lots of women and gambling and you will go thru the million in a few years or less without some other income to supplement your original bankroll.

Lay low and find a niche that you enjoy on a small percent of your balance daily or monthly, however you want to do the math. Rent a reasonably priced apartment or house furnished so you can move elsewhere with just a couple of bags on short notice if you have to. Stick to young ladies that appreciate a gratuity after a date and don't get involved with anyone seriously, cultivate several ladies you can call if you want female company on occasion. Do not get involved, contrary to popular belief, two can't live as cheaply as one.

Bottom line don't live like you have a million dollars hidden and you should be Ok for over a decade.

wil.
    Last edited by wilheim; 01-26-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: spelling

RX Junior
    Brazil.

Joe Conforte is hiding from the IRS there with millions he took away from the Mustang Ranch.

that sounds like a good plan, I remember that there was money hidden in a church in the movie related to Wil's avatar (crazy......I can imagine the cleaning lady 'its a miracle, its a miracle...............' if she finds the $ )

live frugal is of course the way to go, one of the first people I met when I got involved in this business 10 years ago...was the owner of a hosting company in Equus, the minute I saw his car I knew instantly he was totally and absolutely loaded

it was a piece of crap....so bad that he didnt even bother locking the doors, here in CR of course that is synonym to 'your car is gone', he never had any trouble , noone bothered to try to steal it, it was like Al Bundy's car.......only that more beat up

later on I heard that his father was a senator from AZ

another thing to keep in mind is that you can't be extradited if the stuff they want you for is not a crime in the country where you are...in other words, if online gaming is not a crime in Costa Rica they can't extradite you for that to the US.....of course that we know now that the 'way' to do it, is to call ......esentially everything ......'money laundering'
    Last edited by wolfie_cr; 01-26-2009 at 06:06 AM.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    I don't believe Brazil will extradite you for white collar crimes, that sounds like a good option in this case.

15. #40 Speaking of shit boxes 
    I lived is Caracas in the very early 90s for a while which back then at least had thousands of shit boxes on the road and the one thing they all had in common was a sophisticated car alarm installed in them. Basically $300 cars with $400 alarms in them. The national sound in Caracas is the blaring car alarm it could be heard 24/7 wherever you went. The locals loved those alarms, I guess it was some sort of status symbol that your 78 Dodge was equipped with an elaborate anti theft alarm. Bald as a baloney skin tires were of little importance compared to those damm alarms.

wil.

Last night I drank enough to kill a small Asian family HinesWard86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilheim View Post
    Take your pick, they all have no extradition treaty with the US.

Bhutan
    Botswana
    Brunei
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi
    Cambodia
    Cameroon
    Cape Verde
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    China
    Comoros
    Djibouti
    Equatorial Guinea
    Ethiopia
    Gabon
    Guinea
    Guinea Bissau
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Ivory Coast
    Jordan
    Kuwait
    Laos
    Lebanon
    Libya
    Madagascar
    Mali
    Maldives
    Mauritania
    Mongolia
    Morocco
    Mozambique
    Nepal
    Niger
    Oman
    Philippines (probably the best choice)
    Qatar
    Rwanda
    Samoa
    Sao Tome e Principe
    Saudi Arabia
    Senegal
    Somalia
    Sudan
    Syria
    Togo
    Tunisia
    Uganda
    Soviet Union
    United Arab Emirates
    Vanuatu
    Vietnam
    Yemen
    Yemen South
    Zaire

wil.
    Wil, I don't know where you found this list but is at least 15 years old due to the names Zaire and Soviet Union being on there. And Venezuela not being on there.

As for practicality of where to live now if that list is included the Top 5 would look something like:

1. Russia (if there is still no non-extradition treaty)
    2. UAE
    3. China
    4. - rest the SE Asian group

Zaire (now DRC) is out of the question. Civil war still raging there that has killed over 4 million people. Largest land country in Africa but zero organization or community.

Somalia also impossible. No central government, everything is run by local warlords....thus the piracy.

Sudan is impossible.

Ethiopia is impossible.

Yemen is impossible. Poor as shit country racked in civil war.

Rwanda, Burundi deep ethnic conflict between Hutus and Tutsis. No way.

Africa is beyond sad. The biggest black eye on the continent of Europe IMO is their partitioning of Africa during the 1885 Treaty of Berlin. There will never be peace in Africa under the current territorial boundaries. And even when these countries get close to peace Western powers kill their leaders. Hell, now some multinational companies (like Sony) are expropriating resources from these countries against their permission with the help of PMC's.

17. #42 Google 

Alright, here is the list I found. Most of the same countries.

Countries with diplomatic relations

The United States maintains diplomatic relations, but does not have extradition treaties with the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, the China (People's Republic of China), the Union of the Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d' Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Jordan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, the Maldives, Mali, the Marshall Islands, Mauritania, the Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, the Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. *

Stunned that Venezuela isn't on there but I'm sure as long as Chavez is in power you won't be extradited. Same goes with Morales in Bolivia.

Russia is by far the tops of this list, would have to look there first. Andorra is high on the list too, due to its location even though it is a tiny country.

I'm sure Montenegro now has a treaty since they only very recently became a country.

19. #44 HinesWard86 
    As far as Venezuela goes I am sure you are right but the only place in that country I would consider is Margarita Island if I were going to move there. Kind of hot but great beaches and pretty safe if you stay in certain areas of the city of Porlamar (principal city) and the areas around it. I enjoyed the time I spent there.

Lots of sunshine on Margarita.

http://www.margarita-island.com/

wil.

20. #45 Great view of Porlamar Bay on Isla De Margarita. 

21. #46 Guacuco Beach 2, Margarita Island. 

Quote Originally Posted by wilheim View Post
    As far as Venezuela goes I am sure you are right but the only place in that country I would consider is Margarita Island if I were going to move there. Kind of hot but great beaches and pretty safe if you stay in certain areas of the city of Porlamar (principal city) and the areas around it. I enjoyed the time I spent there.

Lots of sunshine on Margarita.

http://www.margarita-island.com/

wil.
    Looks beautiful. When Chavez gets deposed (it's not a matter of if now but when) Venezuela could become a tourism hot spot

Pour your misery down on me Mr. Leisure's Avatar
    Andorra officially the Principality of Andorra (Catalan: Principat d'Andorra), also called the Principality of the Valleys of Andorra,[1] is a small landlocked country in western Europe, located in the eastern Pyrenees mountains and bordered by Spain and France. Once isolated, it is currently a prosperous country mainly because of tourism and its status as a tax haven. The people of Andorra are currently listed as having the second highest human life expectancy in the world, at an average of 83 years at birth (2008 est).[2] Andorra is the sixth smallest nation in Europe.

This is where i would go . Had a buddy who played pro basketball there before he moved on to france

An Expat´s Guide to Living in Andorra

Excellent selection Mr. Liesure...

Safe, secret banking...

The unregulated banking system is among the safest in the world. It is sound, prosperous, computerized, streamlined, discreet and very customer oriented. Some of the wealthiest people in the world prefer Andorra's low-profile banks to those of secretive Switzerland. You can obtain an account in Andorra and access world markets in total privacy - and you can receive interest rates several percent higher than you would receive in the United Kingdom and the United States.

wil..

Guys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanuatu

Vanuatu it is - by far and away.

South Pacific island - AWESOME Marlin fishing.

My next vacation spot when I make by Million instead of finding it.