How to pick up a moneygram?

Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: How to pick up a moneygram?

1. #1 How to pick up a moneygram? 
    Rx. Junior
    It's for $850. Do I have to fill out any paperwork? Do I need to bring anything like a driver's license? I'm going to bring a piece of paper that says the reference number and sender's name. Should I go to the liquor store, walmart or cvs?

I picked one up at a Gas station near me about 2 weeks ago..600.00..I needed to show a license..Also had to call Moneygram for them to release it.....No other questions other than they wanted to know if I had sold something on EBAY..LoL

I go to Walmart. You need to fill out the receive form, you will see it at the customer service desk. They are supposed to check your id, but they might not even bother.

Walmart may not be the best, but i certainly would rather there than walking out of a liqour store with $800 in cash

RX Junior
    A full cavity search is involved certain places. Just go to walmart.

Rx. Junior
    i went to walmart and the liquor store this morning and both said they don't have that much cash on them. unreal considering walmart makes loads of money.

And if the Road Warrior says it, it must be true...... maxdemo's Avatar
    google a money gram located at a bannk in your area and you should have no problem

Quote Originally Posted by romer View Post
    i went to walmart and the liquor store this morning and both said they don't have that much cash on them. unreal considering walmart makes loads of money.

I went and was given a check from a gas station..Moneygram check and then went to my bank to cash it!

Quote Originally Posted by romer View Post
    Then you should have asked for the check. When somebody sends you a moneygram you get cash but its because the place just cashes a check sent to you right there on the spot. If they don't have the cash then just get the check from them. Its as good as gold, take it to your bank and cash it.

Weird that neither place had 900 dollars on them, afterall they do MG. And even wierder is that they didn't offer you the check instead.

Rx. Junior
    i might go tonight to walmart. they must've made 10k-20k today easy.

Rx. Junior
    Just went there and they told me the moneygram closes at 9. What a bunch of crock. I'm gonna tell the book to send me my money with a check.

Rx. Junior
    moneygram is the biggest joke of all time. no wonder their stock is in trouble. their website is fukin useless, can't check the status of the thing online. i don't know how long i have to pick it up.

MG is the best, once you have the control number it is good to pick up. Use the website to find the closest location and then call ahead of time to check their hours.

Just get the check and be done with it.

You can cash it at the bank. I get payouts using moneygram all of the time, usually for $2500 at a time. Almost always, Walmart would have the cash though.

Go to Ace-Cash Express, they will ALWAYS have up to $2500

See it must be legit if Players ONly approves.