How much am I supposed to tip a home cleaning crew?

Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: How much am I supposed to tip a home cleaning crew?

1. #1 How much am I supposed to tip a home cleaning crew? 
    I am having a cleaning service come to my house for the first time this Saturday and they are charging me $95. What is the customary amount to tip the maids to keep them from stealing my shit or doing a lousy job the next time they come out?

Pop-culture, entertainment, sports and contest Mod bucsfan67's Avatar
    are they going to be doing it topless?

if so, i'd tip more..

Quote Originally Posted by bucsfan67 View Post
    are they going to be doing it topless?

if so, i'd tip more..
    Well they are European. But with me living in So. Cal. that means they will front as being Spanish but really be Mexicans.

Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit barman's Avatar
    Everybody's good enough for some change

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by hosnatcher View Post
    I am having a cleaning service come to my house for the first time this Saturday and they are charging me $95. What is the customary amount to tip the maids to keep them from stealing my shit or doing a lousy job the next time they come out?
    You're paying them $95 to do a job and that's what you should pay them. The premise of paying a tip would be if they do a good job for you but isn't that what they're supposed to do for you in the first place?

nothing

RX Wizard
    Give them $10 or $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    You're paying them $95 to do a job and that's what you should pay them. The premise of paying a tip would be if they do a good job for you but isn't that what they're supposed to do for you in the first place?

I agree. My service charges $95 also. As a rule I think, most people don't tip the cleaning people except at Christmas or if you want "extras" done. If I feel I have left the house particularly messy, once and a while I will leave them an extra $10 or $20 ...but I don't do it each time. If you do it each time they will expect it, but if you do it periodically it will keep them on their toes trying to "earn" a little extra some time in the future.

Really it seems unnecessary though. Kind of like tipping a guy to change your oil.

Quote Originally Posted by In action girl View Post
    I agree. My service charges $95 also. As a rule I think, most people don't tip the cleaning people except at Christmas or if you want "extras" done. If I feel I have left the house particularly messy, once and a while I will leave them an extra $10 or $20 ...but I don't do it each time. If you do it each time they will expect it, but if you do it periodically it will keep them on their toes trying to "earn" a little extra some time in the future.

Really it seems unnecessary though. Kind of like tipping a guy to change your oil.
    Do you leave the house while they clean or do you stick around. I kind of want to stay home during the initial visit because this is my first time having strangers in my house that will be handling my belongings. Hopefully I can trust the crew so I can kill a couple of hours on a Saturday catching a movie or something.

Do you leave the house while they clean or do you stick around. I kind of want to stay home during the initial visit because this is my first time having strangers in my house that will be handling my belongings. Hopefully I can trust the crew so I can kill a couple of hours on a Saturday catching a movie or something.

I have never been there while they cleaned. Most cleaning people prefer if you were gone I would imagine. They come every two weeks during the day when I'm at work. No problems so far. Are they bonded? Did you get references of any kind? I had one national company and gave them up as they raised there prices significantly and now I have a girl who was used by a couple other people at my company. The first couple of times they want to do what they call a "deep clean" which costs more. Then they can start coming how ever often you set up for a lesser amount...

Nothing like coming home and having that "clean smell." Mine also fold my toilet paper under and make flowers out of my kleenex box....it's the little things....worth every penny. ..especially if you work a full week. Who wants to spend their Saturdays cleaning toilet bowls and dusting?

ask if you can exchange sex for payment

18.89 if she is hot

I don't know why anyone would pay someone to clean their house. $95 and they can steal something or throw something out thats important.

I am going to get a cleaning lady, follow her around while
    she works to instruct her, & keep an eye on her to make
    sure she does it right and doesn't pinch anything. Maybe
    wank off too if she is hot.

$7 an hour CAD should be enough for the inexperienced.
    Her tip for doing a good job is she gets to do it again
    next time instead of being fired.

If she can give me a nice sexy massage after i might
    give her an extra 50 loons.

Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit barman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Files View Post
    I am going to get a cleaning woman,

Rickey only have c-notes. Be good for bribin traffic cops and hittin off the cleanin lady.

Nothing !

There is No Tip. Are you going to use them every 2 weeks or so ??

No Tip. I have had 3 Cleaning Girls for the past 12 years. The only thing I did was when the Gas Prices hit the Roof, I gave her an extra $5

And for Christmas, they get a weeks pay.