Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Netflix--sharing password question

1. #1 Netflix--sharing password question 
    I have a broke friend with whom I am thinking about giving my Netflix password so she can watch online.

Has anyone done this?

Will we get caught if we are both using the site from separate ip addresses at the same time?

It's probably not a good idea. Just curious if anyone has done this.

RX Senior Parlays Stole My Money's Avatar
    I am sure you will get caught. If she is that broke where she can't afford $7.99 a month, maybe Netflix should be the least of her priorities?

at the same time i would say would be a huge issue.. but her using it when ur not wouldnt be... netflix encourages u to travel and use ur account anywhere u go.. but using it at same time im sure if they check for it u will be banned..etc

-murph

on a side note just have her goto http://icefilms.info and download 175,000 movies and tv shows in near hd FOR FREE

u will be quitting netflix once u see the site . LoL :D enjoy

RX Member
    Netflix is great! They understand you might want to access your account from different places you might be ( relatives house, girlfriends house, at work, etc;) so they give you up to six different devices ( ip addresses..whatever) to access from. Who you give your password to is your business as long as it is not more than 6 and you can even watch simultaniously. My wife and kids all have their own laptops and sometimes we are all watching different things at the same time. My sister too in a different household and my nephew as well. We all live in the same city however so if your friend lives a couple of states away they may not be cool with that, hope this info helps!

I share an account with my brother. No problems watching in different places.

RX Junior
    yeah i have a few people who use my netflix. never had a problem with multiple ip addresses

RX Junior
    Just say you are traveling.

yea you can share as far as I know... I sold a laptop and craigslist, without formatting the HD (I had only used it for a day or two - so very little real info was on there). It didn't have my Netflix password saved, but it was a "trusted device" or whatever Netflix calls them... So for about a month movies were showing up in my "recently watched" area that I had never seen. Removed the laptop as trusted and it hasn't happened since.

No...you definitely won't have any problems if it's only you and someone else.

Do you like my new avatar? 1cheater's Avatar
    I'm sharing with someone and have yet to have a problem except having to "deactivate" what ever device is the 6th in use so I can view, that is if you have more then 6 devices streaming the Netflix.

2009 RX Death Pool Champion Buster's Avatar
    if you get the deactivate message,just deactivate whatever you are watching on and the refresh and it will then pop up...happens to me all the time...i called the first time and that is what they told me to do..